Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Spreading Some Happy



This blogging stuff is turning out to be one good turn after another. When I started a blog I thought it would just be a public space to put down my thoughts and stories in writing. I had heard about building a community, but wasn’t sure how I felt about a virtual community. I already had communities of friends, family, and colleagues; plus I often felt neglectful of these communities. And what if people on the internet freaked me out? HAH! Well, that hasn’t happened yet; moreover, I’ve “met” some really cool people, some awesome and amazing writers and artists, and some great blog buds. The wonderful thing is in virtual time, we all get on the computers when we can, and “meet” on our own time. I can wear pj’s and be as ugly as I want.


A blog I found about a month ago, Two Dogs Running, is the site for Mama Dawg. I have to admit, when I first wandered in, Mama Dawg’s video of her adorable daughter LOML (Light of My Life) had me hooked from the start. LOML is awesome. On top of that, she and her Mama have these incredible southern accents and I am a total sucker for a southern accent. I love ‘em. AND, on top of that, Mama and her girl have infectious giggles and a zest for life that is contagious.

Wasn’t I surprised when Mama Dawg was so sweet and passed on two cool bloggie awards. Aren’t they pretty? Bling diddy bling bling. Thank-you Mama Dawg.

I’m gonna pass the virtual love on down the line and have tried to pass the awards on to bloggers who haven’t had the fun and pleasure of whichever one I’m passing.

These are the guidelines:

  • List six things that make you happy. I think this task originally was with one or the other, but since I feel we could all use a little reminder of happy, I say it goes with them both. I’ll just keep my eye peeled for the blog police if I’ve broken some kind of rule here.

  • Pass the award on to 5 (hooked) or 6 (kreativ) more bloggers.

  • Link back to the person who gave you the award.

  • Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.

    I’d like to pass the Hooked on Your Blog to:
    Don’t Worry it’s Only a Movie

Words of Wisom From a Smart Mouthed Broad


I’d like to pass the Kreativ Bloggers Award to:


Let’s see, six things that make me happy….. in random order of course.
1)Body boarding and snorkling
2)Walks on the beach
3)Brief (or sometimes longer) periods of quiet
4)My family and friends
5)Metaphoric light bulbs turning on over my students heads
6)Border collie

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I won an award?? Thank you!! It's very beautiful ;). I will proudly display it prominently on my sidebar tomorrow.

And... SECOND!

Pseudo said...

Who the hell is anonymous and why would they care if they are first if they don't get credit for it?

And goodfather - you deserve it, you ARE very creative. and apparently are timely than me as it took me a week to make a post where I had to import images and do a bunch of links.

Kate Lord Brown said...

Wow - thank you so much, don't know what to say! Haven't had a prize since school! From Hawaii to Hampshire - how about that?! I'll spread the love x

Vodka Mom said...

wow!!! Thank you SO much. I love your list of things that make you happy! I will try to post the meme over the weekend!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Congratulations on your awards!!! That is really cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much! I'm honored!

I will post the bloggy award tomorrow. You are a doll!

I like your list of things that make you happy as well.

Mama Dawg said...

You're more than welcome and I'm glad to see you passing them on. It's a well deserved award. Even if you never wrote a word and only posted pics of Hawaii, I'd still follow you.

Kristan said...

I'm so glad I "met" YOU. :)

Pseudo said...

Kate, vodka and Jan - you are welcome. Happy to pass it on to such deserving bloggers!

Mama Dawg- thank-you again and sorry it took me a few days to get to it. Between grading hell and the election....


queenie -welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Kristan - glad I "met" you too. You, young lady, were my first meet - I believe followed by movie and then thistle.

K Dubs said...

Erin's link goes to someone else's blog (the one below hers)
congrats on the award, and thanks for the links, I'm checking out your friends now!!

cheatymoon said...

Hey - thanks, Pseudo. I love finding people in this new blogging community too. It's very fun and it turns out that this summer project will most likely get me through the winter. Virtual friends are great, and I'm so happy to have met you. Thanks thanks thanks!

Lori said...

Congratulations on your awards! I love your list of things that make you happy!

Pseudo said...

Oneida and Movie - Me too on the internet friendships. And movie- i fixed your link. Shows I'm not much of a night person.

thanks Kathy and smiles!

Just B said...

I loved what you said about blogging and completely agree. You, Pseudo, have been one of my best "finds" in the blogosphere:) Wait, technically I think you found me...

Anonymous said...

gosh i was such a busy little bee this morning getting my list done and passing the love on, i just realized i hadn't said 'thanks!' over here...so thanks!, i'm truly enjoying the friendships out here in the blogosphere and yak about them so much my more earthly friends are beginning to think i may be a little psychotic myself LOL...

love your list...and check out magical brandy's post on students and light bulbs, she used a teachable moment in a 2nd grade Canadian class to touch on the US election and 'Rock Ohmamama'...very cool...she saw light bulbs too...

huh..'oveali'...sounds like a hawaiian breakfast cereal to me ;)

Pseudo said...

thanks thistle- I'll check it out. I'm enjoying my blog friends too, only I have no one to talk to about it except my family.

Unknown said...

Kate's is well deserved, that is for sure!


Things that make me happy:

1. Ugly Betty--the whole concept is just great to me
2. Limeade
3. Paris
4. Love Letters
5. Fuzzy Socks
6. People who love their animals!

David said...

I will get to this I promise.
And I am thrilled an honored to say the least.
I love your blog and am hooked on yours!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for honoring me with a Kreativ. Blogging has truly been a lifeline for me, and I appreciate all of the wonderful people I have met. I feel that I know many of my blogging friends better than my real ones.

My six beams of happiness:

1. A smile from my daughters.
2. My lawn covered in wet orange leaves.
3. Napping on a Saturday afternoon.
4. Talking to my mother (when she does not tell me about what she ate that day, or what my father ate that da, and what she said that day).
5. Hope.
6. Putting words together that express my thoughts.

essbesee said...

Congrats on your blog awards, glad to have "met" you as well! :0)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Thank you so much. I am honored that you're "hooked" and will try to prove worthy. I appreciate the linky love and will get right to the task at hand.

Robin said...

Aw shucks, I'm honored and so glad to have "met" you (where did we meet again? oh, it doesn't matter!). I don't know how I'm going to limite my "happy" list to just 6....