Monday, September 15, 2008

Manic Monday

For a brief moment, I am caught up on grading. This is how I got there. I stayed home; I did not go to Bookclub on Friday (but mostly because I had a migraine coming on and went to bed instead), I did not go to the beach, I did not go surfing, AND I did NOT write the post that was twirling around in my mind.

I did a dorky thing and figured out what I did with my time.

  1. Grading papers 10 hours (48%)
  2. Preparing lessons 2 hours (10%)
  3. Reading online 4 hours (19%)
  4. Border Collie 5 hours (23%)

I wanted to write someting about the election, but ah....well. That's going to take some effort and finesse.

So, before I go off to work I leave the links to some good reads from this weekend.

On Sarah Palin:

New York Times Article on Palin

A Letter about Sarah Palin from Anne Kilkenny

The Pastor Who Clashed with Palin

Other stuff:

New York Times Op Ed Article Making America Stupid

Made Man

5 comments:

Kristan said...

Wow, what terrifying reads... Thanks for the links, though. I'm glad I read.

On a more lighthearted note, have you seen this SNL skit about Palin? Because it's hysterical.

http://blurbomat.com/archives/2008/09/14/one-look-at-palin-and-you-knew-this-was-coming/

cheatymoon said...

Oh man, I don't know if I can handle the reading assignment... lol.

I like that you broke your time down. Funny. Glad you were able to fend off the migraine (asking hopefully?)

And the snl clip is worth watching.

Anonymous said...

Reading online...i hear that...i'm currently plowing thru the archives of This Fish...she's fabulous and addictive...blogging, not healthy for the rear view...yeesh..

Pseudo said...

HA! Yes, the sitting and reading online definately causing my slouch to deepen and my rear to widen.

No homework Movie! egads, I certainly don't want to be that person in my off time.

And the SNL clip made my weekend. Everytime a student's paper was too draining, I'd come and watch the clip for fun.

I'll check out The Fish. Now I'm curious.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I haven't had a chance to check out your links but plan to asap. I love the SNL clip too. On a different note, my oldest daughter just started teaching this year. It seems every time I talk to her she is grading papers. And thanks for stopping by my site.