Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy is as happy does...

Creepy Over at Tiptoeing through the Tulips tagged me with a Happy 101 award.

List ten things that makes you happy and do one of them today. Then link to the person who tagged you and pass this little bit of love on to 10 others.


I haven’t been much for playing along with bloggy games lately, but I have been trying to appreciate my happy moments.

I’ll play.

And since the Spin Cycle is "happiness" this week, I'm doubling down.

1. Having just the right song come up on my I-shuffle when I’m out walking makes me happy. Today it was this one.



Acoustic guitar makes me happy. Peaceful, happy endings make me happy.

***

2. Making myself a snack and nesting in front of the tellie for some gratuitous show watching makes me happy. On that note I just netflixed the third season of The Tudors. If Netflix would release the next season of True Blood I’d be even beyond happy.

***

3. Going out with my girlfriends for drinks and pupus, endless chatting, and lots of laughs makes me happy. I got to do that last night. One of my favorite parts was when we compared how often we all have sex with our husbands these days. What? It’s not like I wrote it here. Two of those women were my college roommates 27 years ago. We like to keep track of each other.

***

4. Border Collie makes me happy.


5. Simultaneous foot massages on the couch with my 20 year old daughter (while watching gratuitous chick tellie) makes me happy.

***

6. Son’s smile makes me happy.


His teen boy humor make me happy (well, most of the time).


7. Talking to my sister on the weekends makes me happy.

***

8. Making up new words, new ways to use words (especially swear words) makes me happy. Creepy is a champ at this.

***


9. Playing in the ocean makes me happy.

***


10. Watching Friends on DVD always makes me happy.


Ten blogs that make me happy (and were not tagged by Creepy).

Captain Dumbass

Casey

Fragrant Liar

Jan’s Sushi Bar

Lakeviewer

Mo Stoneskin

Mrs. Bear

Sprite’s Keeper

...for more spins on happy, head on over to Sprite's Keeper...

Vodka Mom

Wizard of Otin

39 comments:

Mrsbear said...

Aw, really, really? I'm flattered. I had to check and make sure it wasn't some other Mrs. Bear. ;)

Your son has a lovely smile. And nipple humor, come on, who doesn't love a good nipple joke.

Captain Dumbass said...

Ha! Teen boy is awesome. I wish I'd thought of that. And I am touched that I can bring some happiness to your life. And when I say I'm touched I mean it made me happy, not that I'm, you know, touched.

Lori said...

A great list of happy things! Nothing like talking about sex with good girlfriends. :)

cheatymoon said...

I need a girlfriend night out. And a list of happy.
Ack.
Glad to read your list!

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh shucksssssssssssss! Thanks for thinking of me. Love coming here. How did you get all those links in so fast? I've had to break up mine into installments.

Joanna Jenkins said...

*Laughing at Captain Dumbass' comment*

That's a pretty happy list! I'm with you on foot massages. They're the best.

Have a great week.
xo

Shadow said...

you've got cool 'happy's'....

Liz Mays said...

I love seeing your son's smile there and I so appreciate the nipple drawing. He and my son would get along just fine!

I absolutely love making up new words and swearing out of context is one of my favorite of favorite things to do!

Cristin said...

great list.

dottie singing Baa Baa Black Sheep and throwing a swear in it makes me happy.

Jan said...

Bless your heart, woman! Thank you!

Teenage boy humor makes me happy, too...most of the time. LOL

Brian Miller said...

i like being happy...and foot massages...

Mike said...

This was one of my favorite posts of yours that I have read! I have my reasons for saying this. I just enjoyed it! Thank you for thinking of me as a happy blog lol!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Sex? What's That??

I love your son's humor!

Kristan said...

Happy is:

1) Reading about my friend Pseudo being happy!
2) Oh yeah, and turning in my full manuscript.
3) Watching Life Unexpected. I didn't want a new TV show, but I think I may have to give this one a shot...

:)

Fragrant Liar said...

Hey, that's MY list!! Except for the picture of the boy's boobs. In my house, it would be girls' boobs (oh, yes, it definitely would!).

And I LOVE that song. I'll have to download it now. Thanks, this post did make my heart feel lighter. A good thing for a Saturday. :)

Fragrant Liar said...

P.S. Thanks so much for the mention! I really like coming here too.

Fragrant Liar said...

P.P.S. My happy dog is a chihuahua.

Jen said...

Playing in the ocean makes me happy, too. Especially Hawaiian oceans. I'm planning a trip in December. Can't wait!

Ginger@When Ginger snaps... said...

Loved this list. It's extra happy!

Amy said...

Great list for sure.. I love to be happy. Your daughter should come stay with me in the snow. Or we could swap and I could go there and her here. Have a great day.

Stacy Uncorked said...

What an awesome Happy List! Your son's smile is brilliant - must take after his mother! ;)

Duchess said...

Good happy things. And though I thought I had seen all of Friends -- I cook and the kids watch, and after enough years and a zillion repeats I manage to see them all. But I had somehow missed the French one.

But, hey, how often do you and your husband, er.... That's really what everyone wants to know.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I love your happy thoughts. I'm working on mine. Love the pics of son. That made me happy too.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I love your happy list! I will try to come up with my own before Friday, but it may end up being Friday since weekdays and work can sometimes steal my happiness. :-)
You're linked!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Great list!

Aren't old friends awesome? Love those convos.

Bloggy friends are great, too. Thanks for sharing these things about yourself.

Heather said...

Congrat on your award and you have another one over at my place waiting for you.

tattytiara said...

Those photos made me happy. I don't know which got the bigger giggle - the chagrined pup or the hypno-nipples.

被リンク said...

Such a happy life is prefect, isn't it?

I try to have such a life too.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I enjoyed this, Pseudo!

And I love Friends on DVD too. When Phoebe teaches Joey how to play guitar? When Ross can't pull up the leather pants? When they play the trivia game and the girls lose the apartment? So many laugh out loud moments!

Unknown said...

Firstly, I find equal happiness with your choices.

Secondly, I love that you can talk so freely with your BFF, especially about sex.

Bill Lisleman said...

happiness must be having a teen son who would let you post that artsy picture of him.

thinking of happy is good.

mo.stoneskin said...

Your son just made laugh out loud.

Nesting in front of the TV? "Nesting"? Making a nest out of what? Sticks or just cushions?

Jack said...

Beautiful list! Thanks for the music interlude - acoustic guitar makes me very happy too :)

Beth said...

I love your happy list! I am still working on mine but it has gotten crazy busy on this end of the world.

Have a happy week!

Casey said...

I'm hiding out in Panera laughing at your son's body art. I hope nobody walked by and checked out my laptop screen while I was reading that. Ha!

Acoustic guitar makes me happy too. And blogging, when I get time for it.

Thanks for the linky love, Pseudo. Stopping by here always makes me happy too.

Cajoh said...

Stopping by from Sprite's Keeper…

Makes you want to do the happy dance.

A lot of the tagged blogs I already know about, but will check out the rest.

Thanks for sharing,

Vodka Mom said...

That WHOLE post made me smile.

you are amazing.

Lifeofkaylen said...

These are all great things! That Friends clip is one of my favorites!! That one and when Phoebe tried to teach him guitar, with her made up chord names.

Acoustic guitar songs are the best!! My son plays guitar and it is worth every bit of the money I spend on guitar lessons just to hear him practice.

We love most of the same bloggers!

Ginny Marie said...

I had to laugh when I saw your son. My mom was not pleased when her twenty-some year old son pierced his nipple!