Friday, October 10, 2008

Swaps and Hikes and Intercession

My package arrived today from Scribbler In San Antonio! I love everything, but that punchy kangaroo is just the cutest. I played my CD all morning. The Fall Swap was hosted by The Claw, where you can go and see more pics of Fall Swaparoo. Thanks Sherri at The Claw for hosting!
After the fun of presents in the mail, I met a friend and we went hiking to Makapu'u Lighthouse. The trail starts like this.

Then there's this.


Finally, you get to look down at the lighthouse. My daughter tells me that this is the lighthouse from 50 first dates.


You get very high above the ocean. Me, I love heights.


And if it was a month from now, we could have watched for whales.






13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty. I'm not such a big fan of heights, but I think that would be worth it!

mimi11460 said...

It's healthy to walk out there, and the view is fantastic..

Pseudo said...

24 - my husband and daughter are not fond of heights.
mimi - I did get a bit challenged in the lung capacity area.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. Makes me want to go out and take a walk through the early autumn treescapes of Virginia. I'm not even going to bring to mind how lovely it would be to be walking in Hawaii. I guess we get to celebrate what others have and appreciate what we have at our doorstep.

Anonymous said...

great shots...and my lungs hurt just looking at the incline!!...hiking up can be a humbling experience, but always worth it in the end!!

Robin said...

What a lovely swap package - mine came last night and I'll be posting it later today or tomorrow am. And beautiful pics of the lighthouse and ocean...

Ash said...

Those pictures make we want to hug the ground - not such a fan of heights myself.

Gorgeous as usual. I think my brain would explode from "oh look at that, no look at that, no wait, look at THAT!"

Em

Kristan said...

Can we swap homes? You're making me want to live in Hawaii...

Pseudo said...

I am lucky to live in Hawaii, but it comes with some some cons.

No Fall colors.
Family visits are few and far between.
Enormous cost of living. If one is not content with the simple things, it is not the place.
NO SUCH THING AS ROAD TRIPS. YOU CAN DRIVE AROUND THE ISLAND IN TWO HOURS AND NEVER GET ANYWHERE "DIFFERENT"

Cristin said...

I love heights too... I'm hating you a little, what a cool place to live...

Pseudo said...

cristin - welcome. I can hadle the hate - I'm pretty lucky to live here.

I've always loved heights.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Have I told you that I have actually stayed in Oahu, have a friend who lives there! Longgg sore bottom flight though but very worth it.I have some great memories but it was a long time ago. Swap? I'll have to check it out.

Mama Dawg said...

That looks AWESOME!