Sunday, July 12, 2009

Unawareness

Hubs and I were at the beach on Friday. While he was swimming, I thought I'd mosey on down to the water and try and get a video of him body surfing the cute little waves on the shore break. So I sat my not so little butt on the shoreline and attempted some small-kind action video.

The clouds were amazing on Friday. BC wanted me to play with him. With so many distractions and such long time periods between the small sets, it wasn't long until I found other ways to amuse myself. I couldn't pick up BC's ball and throw it, because I would get sand on my hands. The sand on my hands would get on the camera. And last thing I needed was another person telling me my warranty did not extend to getting sand in the inner workings of a camera.

So I attempted to get a video of the cute way BC cocks his head to the side when he hears the words "play" or "ball." ("Walk" works too, but more when he wants to get out of the house)

Yeah, who needs to worry about sand when the ocean comes up to play splash-a-doodle.

Picture a middle-aged woman rocking back while the whitewash attempts to christen the camera. Holding the camera up high above her head with both hands.

Notice the irony of what I am saying while the poor dog tries, in his own way, to warn me.

BC's parting glance is a bit like, "I love you to bits, but you are one dense human."

32 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Oooh, thanks so much for taking us to your beach. Lovely. :-)

Glad you are having a good weekend. So calm and relaxing.

darsden said...

Oh I loved them all, I could hear the waves, see the beautiful water, hear your sweet lil voice and you Dog yelling MOM, MOM, the water! LOL it was great thankyou for sharing!

Joanna Jenkins said...

What a BLAST!!!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Jan said...

ROFL - I get that "I love you, but you're one dense human" look from Scooter. All. The. Time.

I left the sugar out of the carrot cake I made today. I think he may be right.

Mike said...

Great video, I need to try that one time, the video, not the boarding!

Julie H said...

Ahh that looks like such a relaxing day!

K Dubs said...

With dogs, sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. My friend's dog used to go nuts when I'd ask her if she wanted to go for a ride in the microwave. LOL

Thanks for the beach view, looks like you and hubs had a great day!

Liz Mays said...

Oh you bet I'm picturing that! ;)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Ahhh, what a great escape! Too bad we can take pictures with our cameras inside ziplocks.

That Janie Girl said...

Oh...that looks like so much fun, wet camera or not!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I love BC's forewarning "retreat"! You have a gorgeous voice!

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Great photos!
Sneaky ocean...

Captain Dumbass said...

Un huh. It felt like October here today, but thanks.

Amy said...

I want to jump in. Wow...

Thanks for the kind words for my little on the other day. She is doing a little bit better...

JennyMac said...

Love it! Great post.

Kristan said...

LOL! "Yes I want to play, but do you not notice the wave coming towards us, woman?!"

The head-cock thing is SO cute. I love when dogs do that.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

My computer must be wonky. I read last night be we were watching tv so I didn't run the videos til today. They aren't running on my computer. Must be me tho since no one else seems to be having a problem.

Ash said...

LOL - I imagine most dogs feel that way pretty much every day.

Wise creatures.

Dingo said...

BC all but shouted, "Run for your lives!"

Melissa B. said...

I think he was telling you that he wants to go body-surfing, too! I like the way he kept looking behind him, to make sure you hadn't thrown the ball yet...

Hit 40 said...

I can clean, cook, dogsit - just let me know if you ever need any help in Hawaii!!! Just crazy.

I loved your comment today about how you got to Hawaii from waitressing. Great work!! I had a college room mate that went to Hilton Head to waitress one summer and never came back. She met someone and got married. Excellent too!!

I think I will tell my boys to get summer jobs somewhere fabulous when they are old enough.

Vodka Mom said...

that's your beach? THAT'S YOUR BEACH??

We are totally switching lives.

Christy said...

that is hilarious. dogs are so funny!

Duchess said...

Dog 1, Middleaged woman 0

Pseudo said...

Good news - camera is still working!

Jack said...

Oh my! beauty of a beach y'all got there :)

Pyzahn said...

I love the look on your dog's face. He seems so conflicted. Stay with you and or get out of the way of the wave. Funny.

Lifeofkaylen said...

lol--that is adorable! And I love how he really does seem to be torn on what to do.
Your little "Oh!" at the end is great. :)

Shadow said...

oh gosh, this is funny. don't know if it's meant to be. but i can just see you, trying to keep the camera high, away from sand and surf, with your pup looking on, thinking 'what is that woman up too???' heeee heeee heeeee

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! The dog did get well out of the way, didn't he(she?)?

Cristin said...

It always looks like you have the beach all to yourself...

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Today I could view and hear them all. Stupid computer! Great post!