Monday, January 26, 2009

I Want To Be a Part of It......

Daughter
Mr Pseudo
Some poor stranger whose picture I could not help but take.

I was tagged by the fourth picture in the fourth folder meme by three different bloggers. First by Liz at Inventing My Life. Then over at Mile 17. Finally, Snow White tagged the first four commenters, so there you go. I just kept counting by fours in this folder but had to skip one since it had my face big as life and I don't go there.


This folder contains the fourth day of our family's trip to NYC. The day started with a trip to The Met. It was an amazing day in the middle of an awesome week, which was the first week of the vacation of a lifetime. Our beautiful (don't you think) and thoughtful daughter graduated from high school in June of 2007. I was just eight months out of cancer treatments and our finances were not the greatest. Daughter opted for no graduation gift, no graduation party, and chose the University of Hawaii and staying home for college. All she wanted was a family vacation to New York City and seeing a couple of plays on Broadway. Living in Hawaii is like living in paradise, except it is so expensive it makes it difficult to travel. My kids had only been to the Mainland three times before this trip, always to California to see family (one a wedding, another a funeral and one just for fun). Everyone enjoyed my daughter's graduation vacation. She's generous like that.
We spent a week in New York, took the train to Boston, took another train to D.C., then rented a car and drove to Florida to stay with my sister and her family.


Best time ever.


Here's the rules:
1. Go to the the 4th folder where you keep your pictures on your computer.
2. Post the 4th picture in the folder.
3. Explain the photo.
4. Tag 4 fellow bloggers to join in the fun!


Do I tag 4 bloggers? Twelve bloggers? It's too confusing and I hate rules...if you want to play along, consider yourself tagged.


Weekend Shout-Outs:


Jan over at Jan's Sushi Bar has a great blog and posts wonderful recipes. Last night I made her lasagna and it came out delicious. Thank-you Jan.


Braja over at Lost and Found In India is on a vacation in Puri and posting amazing pictures. If you haven't been to India via Braja check out this post or this one to get you started.




Laters.

33 comments:

Ann Imig said...

AWESOME photos. Just came back from a fabulous weekend in NYC!

Jack said...

They are such great shots. I love the one of Mr. Pseudo... looks like he's pondering this work of art.

Great job Pseudo. Have a great Monday, hope your week goes well :)

Debbie said...

Love your photos. Especially the stranger. And I don't believe I have had the pleasure of meeting Jan so I will head over. The other lovely ladies are already friends of mine.

Mama Dawg said...

I can't wait til my trip to NYC in 2013.

Pseudo said...

I think Mr Pseudo is pondering too ; -)

Mama - What is the occasion in 2013?

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

It reminded me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off when they all go and are looking at the art muesum.(it was just on this weekend) Nice pics!! : )

Anonymous said...

Great pics. NYC is such an exciting place, but you're right, Hawaii is paradise.

I'll definitely check out the other blogs. Sounds like fun.

Michele said...

I would love to see the Met. Looks like you had a great time.

One Christmas the kids decided that they didn't want anything except a vacation for the whole family. We went to DisneyWorld. It was the best Christmas ever. We plan to vacation for Christmas again in a few years.

Heather said...

I love the photo of Mr. Pseudo scratching his head!!!
I'm new to reading you....You're a cancer survivor?!? Congrats!!!

Pancake said...

Awesome pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!!

Lori said...

What a great way to celebrate such great triumps, for both you and your daughter! Doing something together as a family like that is so special and will never be forgotten. Great pictures along with great memories!

Beth said...

Great photos! I like the people in them as it gives a sense to the size of the paintings.

Thanks for your well wishes. I am feeling better!

Casey said...

Mr Pseudo looks like he's having a pleasant conversation in that picture.

I already did a form of the tag so I'm not taking the bait but the pictures are great!

I can't believe how little your kids have been over on the mainland. That's somehow neat to me. Dunno why.

Vic said...

I like your pics!

Can't do this one because every time I count to the right folder, that picture is blurry. It's like I took all my pictures in the midst of some kind of seizure.

Just B said...

Those a great pictures! I really like the one of Mr. Pseudo:) Your daughter sounds like an amazing young woman (chip off the ol' block, I'd say).

Anonymous said...

I like that your daughter wanted to balance the beauty of nature with the beauty of man, for what else are our greatest cities and works of art?

Heather said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to NYC. It sounds like it was an amazing trip.

Anonymous said...

Interesting pics...and is that a yamulke on the stranger's head? Cos that REALLY makes the pic interesting...what a great choce for a graduation present, and the Met? I bought the book The DaVinci Code twice, because i didn't realize there was an illustrated version...and i needed the one with the visuals ;)

Great job on the meme...this has been an interesting one...

bernthis said...

I grew up in NYC and to me it's the best place in the world. I'm so glad you had a good time. What plays did you see?

Sunny said...

the photos are amamzing.

cheatymoon said...

I commented here yesterday, but apparently it went to comment hell. Love the photo of Mr. Pseudo. Your daughter is gorgeous. Really cool story and photos. ;-)

Tricia said...

I think your daughter sounds wonderful! What a vacation, too.

Pseudo said...

That IS a yamulke on his head. Yea thistle! A young man, looked like a college student. I thought it was so interesting him starring at the painting of Jesus, like he was trying to figure it out.

We saw Wicked and Mary Poppins. Both were fantastic. Daughter and I wanted to go to more and had planned onhitting the discount ticket booth, but we were so busy everyday. SUCH A GREAT TIME! The whole family fell in love with New York. We also became quite good at the subways.

I nned to do another post on the trip. There were some great pics that did not fall under the 4th rule.

Melissa B. said...

What a great vay-cay! My youngest is begging for an NYC interlude when she's home on spring break. We'll see...going to NYC these days is almost as expensive as going to Hawaii!

rachaelgking said...

I love pictoral posts! These are great. I snuck a couple picks in the National Portrait Gallery last week myself.

Anonymous said...

Awww - I'm blushing here! I'm so glad you liked the lasagna.

I am SO jealous of your trip to the Met.

Grace said...

Hi, this is my first time visit here, and I just want to say that I enjoyed reading your post and looking at the photos. :)

Joanie said...

I tagged you on my blog, on the post Butteflies are free!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I love NYC! I've only been once. My boss took our entire office just for fun. We saw Mamma Mia, the Met, the Statue of Liberty, Coney Island, Ground Zero, and Canal Street!

What a wonderful daughter that she would choose to do something that you could all enjoy.

While at the Metropolitan Museum, we were joined by my boss's 80 something year old aunt and uncle who have a membership and are just a wealth of knowledge about art. It was like having your own personal tour guide.

Oh, I wish I could go back!

Oh and thank you so much for the linky love. That was quite a surprise!

Joanie said...

I Love going to NYC! We try to go once or twice a year to see musicals. Since I have a daughter who is a recovering actor (her words, not mine) and another who will be going to college in the fall for theatre, it's almost a must!!

♥ Braja said...

Ahhh, bless you :) Yeah, I have a full folder and I think you've seen the 4th in all of them !!

Pseudo said...

We loved it all. We went to Canal Street twice we had so much fun there and had coffee both times in Little Italy.

SMB We would have lvoed to have had a guide. We pondered our way through the Met, love art, but did not know much.