Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Swaporama

Sherri over at The Claw hosted a blogger's spring swap. Sherri's blog has been a frequent stop for me since I first started blogging. Movies, TV show reviews, music, sarcasm....what's not to like? Anyways, she switches us all around and we send a package. I participated in the Fall swap and enjoyed the fun so I joined again. My package came from Alexis over at Knot Sew Crafty. She spoiled me to death. Instructions were "around five items," but look at my jackpot. Really springy post-its and pencils for teacherly duties and so much more. There is a book on "Questing," which has me totally intrigued.


Thank-you so much Alexis for the goodies and thank-you Sherri for hosting!
In other news, Braja is home from the hospital . Stop by and give her some love.
One of the first bloggers I met in this adventure was Kristan. A young college graduate who is also a writer. I happened upon her blog on an early foray into blogosphere, she was reviewing an interview with Amy Tan and was discussing being biracial. It caught my attention since my own children are multiracial and deal with similar identity issues. We've been following each other ever since. Well, Kristan is a quarter finalist in the Amazon break through novel contest. You can go here to read and review her entry. If you have time, please do so; it is wonderful and you can vote for her.


22 comments:

Just B said...

I love to hear about your blog world that encompasses such a variety of people. I have enjoyed reading Braja's comments on your blog, but had never ventured over there. Oh, my what a story. These arms and legs and hearts of the blog life is amazing--all the places we go and the lives that become intertwined over the nebulous blogospere.

I hope you are well and have a fabulous week!

Amy said...

What a great way to start your week off.

Sandi said...

Thanks for giving me a new blog to read! I love it.

Anonymous said...

You really made out in the swap!

mo.stoneskin said...

Look at all those goodies.

I wish it was Christmas.

Laura said...

such cute stuff.

When you get a chance, come and enter the Under the Sheets five question contest :)

Julie H said...

What a nice gift!

Debbie said...

That looks like a treasure box!

Anna Lefler said...

Wow - you raked! What a great score on the loot, lady!

I'm sorry I missed this swap...

BTW, we're going to Kauai this summer, which I know is not your 'hood exactly...but that little frizzy-haired speck jumping up and down on the beach on that other island - frantically waving - that'll be me saying hello.

Hope all is well with you...

XO

Anna

HeatherPride said...

Wow! Look at all your cool stuff! So fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your swap gifties!

cheatymoon said...

Wow. You scored some great stuff. I love the whole concept of swap. It's so much fun.

I read and reviewed Kristan's short. It's really cool. Thanks for the link.

Have a good week, Pseudo.

K Dubs said...

How fun!!! Am off to check out the writing :) Thanks!

Jack said...

What a nice package of goodies you got, and what a great idea :)

Beth said...

Great stuff! You are such a giver. Thanks for always being so welcoming and encouraging.

Now, I'm off to read the interview and more.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Congrats on your loot! How fun!

Lori said...

How cool! I will have to go check Kristan out as soon as I have some spare time! Happy Monday!

Captain Dumbass said...

I'll have to check that out since my little monkeys are bi-racial too. Luckily for them we live in an area where it is the norm. In my son's pre-school class a little over a third are bi-racial.

Lucy Filet said...

It's always nice to get a little happy mail!

And the novel thing sounds awesome! I'll have to stop by and visit her.

Tricia said...

I'd be smiling from ear to hear gazing at all that wonderfulness. It's so nice to receive something other than bills in the mail. What a great idea.

Kristan said...

Aw, thanks for the shoutout, Pseudo! I really appreciate your support. :)

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Didn't you score some great loot with that fall swap too?

I think i have to agree with stoneskin here...you're making me wish it was Christmas :(