Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Having a little bit of trouble keeping up with life of late. Work, migraines, some bummer stuff too. I haven’t been able to keep up with my online reading like usual. But I thought I’d pass on some links to some good stuff.

Abstraction has an amazingly good post about body image.

Meagan at I Kicked Cancer’s Ass always inspires me. She’s a young cervical cancer survivor who is also finishing law school. She’s opened a coffee bean site, Get the Bean, and she’s got contests going on over there. She also fundraisers for various cancer causes.

Joan Didion, one of my all time favorite authors, has a great article over at Salon, Election by Sound Bites.

Don’t Worry It’s Only a Movie had the video clip of Powell up before I was finished watching it on the news.

And of thistles and maple leaves had a link to a friend who had a friend who had the link to this a great little test. It’s called your political compass and after answering some very pointed questions about important issues, it shows you where you are placed in a political spectrum. I was pleased to see I landed in the general area as Gandhi and the Dalai Lama. Quite interesting and a reprieve from the blue and red counterpoints going on in American politics.

And speaking of politics a little, I found a new blog, UppercaseWoman, where there is a wonderful post of a first hand account of "health" (John McCain's air quotes - not mine) issues a woman might have that would cause her to seek to terminate a pregnancy.

I’m probably putting up melancholy pictures the rest of the week.

8 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Oh, thanks for the link, Pseudo.

I hope you are feeling better soon and the migraines subside... I am sorry you are sad.

It's a rough month in many places, that's for sure. Hang in there.

I hope to have time for all your links, and also to take thistles political quiz! I tried the other day, but the site was down.

Take care today.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to watching Powell, missed him the first time around! Sorry to hear things are low right now- hope they pop back up soon! I love melancholy pics BTW!

Kristan said...

Aw... I hope you feel better soon. Grab BC and go for a walk on the beach!

Just B said...

I'm starting to think we were separated at birth, Pseudo. I love Joan Didion, as well.

Thanks for all the great info. I hope you feel better soon. I didn't comment on your pharma post, but I completely agree with all you said. It's that ambiguity of life...

OneZenMom said...

Tahnks for the links. They were great! I really liked the Political Compass one. Off to take the test! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the 'linky love'...looking forward to checking all these out...saw erin's powell clip and Loved.It...think i'm going to give her some linky love for that also...everyone should hear that clip! that's the person the Republicans should have running (he is a republican isn't he)...the man bleeds integrity...definitely says something about how the GOP picks their candidates...it seems the more desperate they are to be prez or veep the better cos then they're willing to sell their soul to get there. There's my mini-rant for the day, now i'm off for oj and a nap....

Anonymous said...

I took the test Thistle posted, and came out Ghandi Left. Heh. Thanks for the link list, I'm checking 'em out. Hope you feel better.

Pseudo said...

Glad you are all enjoying the links and tests. Thanks for the well wishes - my headache went away today for the first time since last wednesday. yeh.