Sunday, April 19, 2009

8 Meme

Today is the last day to enter the Hawaii Goodie Box Contest.


I got tagged by the meme of eight by Jane over at Gastion Studio. If you haven’t checked out her blog , go on over and say hey. You won’t be sorry.


And here we go…… oh, by the way, my birthday is on an 8th of a month, so I really like the number. Plus, the number 8 looks like the symbol for infinity.


8 Things I’m Looking Forward To
1. Summer
2. Summer writing projects
3. Hearing about the boy’s night at Junior Prom (but he might not tell me much…)
4. Each and every cancer free day
5. A vacation somewhere off the rock (although there are no plans at this time)
6. Having my student loan paid (hopefully before I retire)
7. Getting in the water and doing some body boarding
8. A day off with my husband

8 Things I Did Yesterday
1. Read your blog (stole this one from Movie – but so true)
2. Walked the Border Collie here
3. Balanced my checkbook and paid some bills
4. Went to the salon and had my roots touched up and a hair cut
5. Picked up flowers for my son’s prom date
6. Helped son get ready for prom
7. Took pictures of son before he left
8. Did a bazillion loads of laundry

8 Things I Wish I Could Do
1. Travel, travel, travel, and travel (yeah, I stole this from Movie too – but got my own pics)
2. Play piano
3. Buy a piano
4. Sing a song decently enough to survive at a karaoke outing (very popular here)
5. Not let my teenage son push my buttons
6. Draw or paint
7. Take a year off of work and write full time
8. Fly (like this)

8 Shows I Watch (mostly netflixed or DVD’s, but I guess that counts)
1. Weeds
2. The Office
3. Dexter
4. The Closer
5. The Daily Show
6. Food network
7. Reruns of Law and Order
8. Friends on DVD

8 People I Tag
1. Joanie at Joanie’s Ramblings
2. Casey at Half as Good as You
3. Liz at Inventing My Life
4. Jan at Jan’s Sushi Bar
5. Captain Dumbass at Us and Them
6. Mama Dawg at Two Dogs Running
7. Suzanne at My Journey
8. Julie at Midlife Job Hunter

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Found you on SITS - hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

cheatymoon said...

Ooh, thanks for all the links. You have Grand Canyon and China in your list as I do... I think China might be #1 on my list. I would also love to go to India, and back to Ireland.

Can't wait to hear about the prom.
Have a happy Sunday!

K Dubs said...

Loved Ireland, I still need to pull out those pictures and scan them. I know I had some online but lost them when yahoo got rid of their photo storage. grrrr....

Great answers and (thanks for not tagging me...LOL)

Unknown said...

Loved reading your responses and getting to know you a bit better. I've only been to China once and it's a place I highly recommended keeping on your list.

Jane
p.s. Thanks for the plug!

darsden said...

Totally awesome 8 meme! You Rocked the List...and actually listed others...oh, I see you packing..hey...wait, I'm not done why u running...LOL Happy Sunday

Melissa B. said...

8 thinks I'm looking forward to? S-U-M-M-E-R, 09. For sure! And PS: Please pop over to participate in Sx3 today. We're in serious Donald Trump Mode!

Amy said...

I did this also. I am with you I would love to travel.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya with the bazillion loads of laundry!

And the Office is hilarious.

creative kerfuffle said...

what a great list! love it. i hope the prom was wonderful, and that he told you about it : )

Anonymous said...

Those are some great lists, glad I found you!

Lori said...

Great lists of 8. I love Weeds...whenever I have rented a season of this show, I get nothing done.

Mama Dawg said...

Cool. I gotta totally do this one. But not til Wednesday. Tomorrow I'm posting a plea!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Thank you for the tag. On my list of posts for this week. Meanwhile, as I learn this blogging life, I have left something for you on my site.

Jan said...

I LOVE the Eight Melodies video!

I'll do the meme sometime this week - but it will have to wait until Thursday or Friday. But I will get to it.

Beth said...

I always love learning more about you. And those Law and Order reruns? Total crack to me. I probably need an intervention.

Casey said...

I know, I know... I'm late to the game. It's been busy around here and I'm behind on my reader.

Thanks for the tag! We watch a lot of the same shows, Dexter is one of my absolute favorites. Also, I want to take singing lessons... you with me?